RESCUED PETS ROCK!!!
RESCUED PETS ROCK!!!
The Adoption Process will begin once the rescue has been spayed or neutered, given age appropriate vaccines, microchipped, heartworm tested, wormed, and flea treated. The rescue will have also received their own individual rehabilitation and obedience training.
* An Adoption Application can be completed on this website. Please read our "Fine Print" page before completing the application. The questions are very extensive which assists us in providing the safest and most appropriate homes for our rescues. All questions must be answered and incomplete applications will NOT be reviewed. After you have submitted the application, a representative will contact you to discuss your application, answer any questions and possibly schedule a Meet n Greet.
Adopting a pet is a lifetime commitment! Please do NOT submit an application unless everyone in the home is ready to adopt a pet. All family members must be committed to the care, training and attention your new pet will require. This includes a financial responsibility to provide vetting and routine care.
* Meet n Greets are by appointment only and are scheduled by one of our representatives. All family members, including current pets, are required to come. This is your chance to spend a little time with the rescue and begin to learn about their personality. If the Meet n Greet is a success, a Home Inspection is then set up.
* The Home Inspection is set up by a representative. They will come to your home to make sure you are ready for your new addition. They will look for safety hazards inside the home, check fencing, zip lines and tie outs etc. If changes are needed, they will guide you with advice on how to correct. When your home inspection passes then a Trial Run is set up.
* A Trial Run is designed to help the rescue transition smoothly into your home. A representative will bring the rescue to your home and if it is determined that you have everything ready for your potential new family member, the rescue will stay with you on a trial basis. We require that the first 2-3 days of a Trial Run be strictly dedicated to the rescue. Please do not schedule any other obligations so your focus can be solely on helping him/her settle into your home and begin to learn your routine. We will send their food, a favorite toy, and a familiar article to help make their transition as seamless as possible. A Trial Run normally lasts 2-3 weeks.
* If it is determined during the Trial Run that the rescue is a good fit for your family, a representative will make a follow-up visit and finalize the adoption. At this time, you will sign the Adoption Agreement and pay the adoption fee. It is mandatory that, by this visit, you have purchased a safe leash, an approved collar (martingale or buckle style) and a personal identification tag.
Please know that adopting a rescue not only saves the life of that pet,
it also allows us to save a 2nd life by opening another spot in our program.
Canine Partners Program Inc
ADOPT * FOSTER * SPONSOR * VOLUNTEER * DONATE * EDUCATE
Copyright © 2021 Canine Partners Program Inc - All Rights Reserved.
501c3 nonprofit in PA (EIN 81-3633024)